Chocolate and Peanut Butter Fudge
Ok, so I have a little obsession with peanut butter. It’s very common for me to come home from work and dig into the peanut butter jar with a spoon. So I got creative and came up with the perfect little snack for when I get those cravings. I also thought I’d make it look pretty and chocolatey by swirling it with some chocolate fudge. This is super quick to make, totally delicious and is vegan friendly too. If you don’t like peanut butter, (you must be crazy!) I don’t see why you couldn’t use other nut butters.
Peanut butter Fudge
- 1 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (or other nut butters)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- A pinch of rock salt, I like to use quite a lot but I like the sweet and salty combination
Chocolate Fudge Topping
- 1/3 cup peanut butter fudge leftover from above
- Just under 1/4 cup raw cacao
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Place all ingredients for the peanut butter fudge into a mixing bowl, I popped into the microwave for 20 seconds to melt the coconut oil, or you can warm over a pan slightly. Mix all ingredients well and reserve about 1/3 cup for the chocolate fudge topping.
- Line a dish with grease proof paper.
- Add the peanut butter mixture too this and smooth out with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Use the reserved peanut butter mixture and add in the rest of the ingredients for the chocolate topping. I warmed this slightly again to melt the coconut oil, and so that the mixture is softer for mixing through the fudge.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Transfer onto the fudge with a wooden spoon, smooth out and use the wooden spoon or a knife to create swirls in the fudge.
- Place cling film over the top and pop into the freezer for an hour or so to harden.
- Take out the freezer and cut into small bite size slices
- I would advise keeping this in the fridge as it softens and melts quite quickly or you can store in the freezer too.
If you give this recipe a shot, please let me know how you get on 🙂